Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Atmospheric Scattering



       Atmospheric scattering based on Eric Bruneton's Precomputed Atmospheric Scattering.

 I really like the look this algorithm gives, I'm only part way through implementing it so not everything is working, or at least as well as I'd like.

 His algorithm produces three colors, inscatter color, ground color, and sun color.  Although Bruton's sun color looks good in his screen shots, in the demo it looks rather bad; I believe the demo is an incomplete version.

 Part of the algorithm requires the distance from the viewer, here I am reconstructing based on the depth buffer, and to get this working I went ahead and implemented a proper deferred renderer, so yeah!

  Oh, and the first time I ran the atmospheric code this is what my planet looked like(precomputed table wasn't right )....

No comments:

Post a Comment